Cooking on a glass stove is not an easy job. You will have to treat the whole surface carefully not to cause any damage, including scratches, splits, or breakage. And that can be annoying and time-consuming.
Sure enough, you can always get a griddle for glass top stove that makes the whole cooking process easy.
It doesn’t matter how fragile the stovetop is, you can use one of these griddles without having to be extra careful.
What griddles are we talking about? Well, we picked 5 fantastic models that made our glass stovetop cooking way more manageable. Next, we’ll talk more about them so read up!
In This Article, We’re Going To Review The Following griddle for glass top stove:
What is a Griddle for Glass top Stove?
Griddles are the perfect way to cook things like bread, pancakes, and similar foods that demand time and heat efficiency.
They are flat, and commonly made of cast-iron, steel, or aluminum. No matter the material, it will come with a seasoning. It is a metal layer that prevents rust and food from sticking. Seasoning also helps to cook food more effectively.
Yet, a griddle for glass needs to be safe and easy to use in glass stovetops. This means that it has to be gentle enough to prevent any damage on fragile tops.
What makes these griddles possible is a smooth bottom surface, a light design, and an easy-to-handle design.
If you get a griddle with each one of those characteristics, then you’re getting the right product for your glass stovetop.
Next, you’ll learn a few more exciting things about them.
How to Clean a Griddle for Glass top Stove
Once you start using a griddle for glass top stove, you’ll find out that they get as dirty as any other piece of cookware. But cleaning them can be as hard as or even more so than its alternatives. That’s why you may need to learn how to clean them effectively.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Only use warm water to rinse. To remove the first residues, make sure you rinse the griddle surface with warm water. It gets rid of food more easily than cold water.
- For stuck residues, use a spatula or scraper. We recommend metal mesh scrubbers for the best results.
- After cleaning, store the griddle in a dry place. But before that, dry off and cover the surface with flaxseed oil. Use just a little on a paper towel and wipe it all around the surface. This prevents dust and dirt from sticking to it and keeps the seasoning working for longer.
- Don’t use soap or degreasers. We recommend table salt or baking soda in water. Otherwise, you will end up getting rid of the seasoning, which is a critical part of the product.
All these tips will help you clean your griddles without having to make much of an effort and preventing issues in the process.
How to Season a Griddle for Glass top Stove
Even though most griddles come with their own prefab seasoning, they may need some re-seasoning from time to time. Here, you’ll learn how to make it possible:
- Start by looking for patchy spots on the surface, foods sticking in specific places, or utterly smooth metal on the cooking surface. If you spot any of these, then it is time to season the griddle up.
- To begin the seasoning process, you should use flaxseed oil. Pour some on the surface of the griddle and then wipe it off until it leaves a thin coat.
- With the griddle oiled, you will have to set the oven at 400F. Then place the griddle inside upside down. Let it cook inside the oven for at least an hour.
- Once you do that, you should see the cooking surface a little thicker. You can add more oil and repeat the process two more times.
- After finishing three (3) coatings, you can test the griddle with food. Make sure to check using sticky food. If nothing sticks, then you’ve seasoned the griddle correctly. Otherwise, repeat step 3 at least one more time.
This process will ensure that your griddle always works correctly. Otherwise, you may end up with an un-seasoned griddle that sticks too much or doesn’t cook well enough.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Griddle for Glass top Stove
Before going into our reviews, we have to show you all the significant factors to think about before choosing a griddle. Here they are:
There are various materials to consider when it comes to skillets. Here, you’ll find the most popular cast-iron, aluminum, stainless steel, or carbon steel.
As for a cast iron griddle on glass top stove, you’ll get decent heat effectiveness and superb durability. However, you’ll have to be more careful as iron tends to be much heavier & tricky to handle.
When it comes to aluminum griddles, you’ll find them pretty light which makes handling easy. Yet, they are a little less durable and resistant. But nothing out of the ordinary, just not as sturdy as cast-iron.
And for the best option, we have no other choice than stainless or carbon steel. It prevents rust, lasts a lifetime, and still manages to offer excellent heat distribution. But it can be more expensive than others.
Size & Weight
Similarly to any other type of cookware, griddles also come with their own sizes to choose from. Here, you’ll have to go for something that matches your needs.
You should focus on the largest options if you have a big family, something about 20-inches. But if you live alone, then a 12-inches model will be enough.
But weight is what really matters here, and you should get nothing more than 10 pounds for the perfect experience.
Additional Things to Consider
If you want the perfect stove top grill plate, you’ll have to consider all kinds of factors apart from the previous ones. And these factors include:
- Handles. The griddle needs to be easy to use with heat-resistant handles that prevent burns on your hands.
- Grease channels. Make sure the griddle offers the chance to store or dispose of grease.
- Flat surface. The flatter the cooking surface, the easier it will be to cook with and clean afterward.
- Tall enough borders. Also known as splash guards, these make it easy to stir or move food inside the griddle without splashing or pouring out.
All these factors will make a significant difference in whether you pick a nice griddle or not. Keep reading to use this knowledge with our reviews!
5 Best Griddle For Glass top Stove Reviews 2019
There’s no sense in explaining what griddles are and how you can pick them without analyzing some of the best options out there. Here are 5 griddles for glass stovetops with their own in-depth reviews:
We’ll start with one of the most popular choices in the market, and probably the best griddle for glass cooktop – the Whirlpool 4396096RB Griddle.You can use this cast-aluminum model on any surface, including metal or glass. This construction also allows for super effective cooking and heat distribution. You won’t have to worry about your food cooking badly or ending up raw.
The cleaning process is also a piece of cake. With just a few wipes of soapy water, you can get rid of most residues.
And to make it even better, you’ll get molded handles for easy operation. Taking it out of the heat when needed won’t be a problem.
Lastly, it comes with useful recessed channels, so you can drain oil, grease, or food juice without soaking your food.
It is outstandingly well-made and boasts a sizeable 20-inches design for tons of cooking surface. Whether you’re cooking for big families or just want to prepare lots of food efficiently from time to time – this is your best bet.
- Super reliable cast-aluminum build
- Excellent heat distribution all around
- Easy operation with molded handles
- Large design for extra cooking space
- Surface scratches easily
- Not as easy to handle as expected
If there’s a brand that always strives to deliver the highest quality possible, then that would be Lodge. This LDP3 Cast-Iron reversible griddle is a perfect example.For a premium cost, you can get this cast-iron griddle that will cook everything in no time, and without drawbacks. It comes with its own pre-seasoning which ensures a long-lasting experience of exceptional cooking.
It is a medium-sized still, at 17-inches so you can use it as a home option for large recipes, or as a portable model to cook anywhere you want.
The most interesting part of this griddle is the reversible design. You can cook from any surface and get exceptional cooking and easy-to-clean experience.
There’s simply no drawback about this ultra-affordable and well-made griddle. It even comes with two hole-corner handles, which make it easy to move around even when hot.
If you want top-notch quality for a decent cost, the Lodge LDP3 Cast-Iron Griddle is your best bet.
- Durable & resilient cast-iron construction
- Pre-seasoned surface delivers great cooking
- The ideal size makes it easy to cook with
- Corner handles allow secure portability
- The handles are not heat-resistant
- Feels pretty heavy which can be dangerous on glass tops
Quality brands deliver quality products – and T-Fal is not an exception. There’s simply nothing bad to say about the T-fal A92114, as it will easily surpass all your expectations.The first thing you’ll notice is a family-size design of 18 inches which allows easy cooking for tons of food. This works well with silicone handles on the side, far apart from the metal which ensures a stay-cool capacity. You won’t ever burn your hands with this griddle.
As for the cooking surface, you will enjoy a non-stick ceramic coating that makes cleaning a piece of cake.
Thanks to its aluminum build you can enjoy effective heating as well, along with an extra-lightweight design that makes it easy to handle.
Lastly, it is totally dishwasher safe and can support up to 350 degrees F in the oven. When it comes to resilience, this cheap aluminum griddle doesn’t play around.
- High-quality aluminum construction
- Superb non-stick ceramic coating
- Perfect size for family meals
- Super practical silicone handles
- Thin construction is not as resistant as expected
- Tall handles can be an issue to work with
For anyone in search of the perfect griddle for electric glass cooktop, the Chef’s Design Ultimate Griddle will not let them down.This is a 19.5-inches model made of heavy cast aluminum that stands several years of use while providing super-efficient cooking.
It also boasts a non-sticking Excalibur coating made of stainless steel, adding even more to its durability and performance. Nothing will stick to it, nothing will scratch its surface, and everything will cook fast & easy – even thaw foods.
The design also comes with grease wells so you won’t have to get dripping food. And sure enough, it makes cleaning a piece of cake.
You will also get decent handles on the corners, and a smooth bottom that makes it gentle with glass stovetops.
No need to worry about anything with this fantastic aluminum griddle from Chef’s Design.
- Resilient & long-lasting aluminum build
- Exceptional stainless steel non-stick coating
- Handy grease wells for fewer liquids & oil
- Unbeatable cooking effectiveness
- More expensive than its alternatives
- A bit challenging to operate with its small handles
If we had to give the best stove top grill prize to any of these skillets, we couldn’t give it to any other product than the Cuisinart 655-35.There’s nothing about this great product to hate. It all starts with a Quantanium non-stick surface. You will get Titanium reinforcement on the coating that improves overall heat effectiveness but also prevents anything from sticking.
Yet, it is the hard-anodized aluminum construction that stands out the most. It will make sure that everything cooks perfectly well, at any time.
The design doesn’t leave anything behind either. You will get sloped sides that keep everything inside. And with its stainless steel high handles, you won’t have any problem moving & placing this griddle around.
And on top of all that, it comes with a gentle bottom that prevents scratches and other issues with glass. There’s simply no limit to the convenience and performance that this griddle offers.
- Unparalleled hard-anodized build
- Unique Quantanium non-stick surface
- Super convenient steel handles
- Handy sloped design for fewer drips
- Handles may get hot
- Thin construction warps over time
Now that you’ve gone through all our reviews and buying guide – it is time to learn which model is the best.
For us, the Chef’s Design Ultimate Griddle has no competitor. Despite being a little pricey, it comes with the most durable, heat-efficient, and practical design. Sadly, the handles are not the best you can go for.
So, if you want more practical handles while still getting decent results and durability, the Cuisinart 655-35 Chef’s Classic Double Burner Griddle will be your best choice.
Whatever you go, remember that the best griddle for glass top stove is the one that matches your needs and requirements. As long as you take that into account, picking the right product will be easy.