If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best induction cookware set. Then we recommend the Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel. As the best one in our induction cookware reviews.
When you shopping for the best new cookware. There are several important things you should consider. Which will help you to purchase the right product.
In this case, our main focus is the type of cooktops you might have in your home kitchen. In this case we are looking at induction stovetop. Which cookware will work on it?
In this article, we’re going to review the following ceramic cookware sets:
- Duxtop SSIB-17 Professional 17pc
- Nuwave Duralon Ceramic Nonstick 7 Pc. Cookware Set
- Circulon Premier Professional 13-pc Hard-anodized Cookware Set
- Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Pc Cookware Set
- T-fal Stainless Steel Cookware Set, Copper-Bottom, 13-Piece
How does induction cooking work?
Before we dive into our top 5 best induction cookware sets. Let’s look on what is induction cooking and how does induction cookware work. What is the pros and cons?
In the beginning mankind had only the fire for cooking then came electricity and later gas. Now we have the induction.
This is an incredible heat-free cooking technology. That relies on magnets in both your stove-top and your induction pans to do the cooking.
Although induction cookware have been around since early 1900. It only gained mainstream consideration in the past few decades.
The technology become more and more affordable. And the manufacturers are producing more energy efficient models. Which are gaining popularity all over the world.
Instead of using a gas or electric element transferring heat from a burner to a pot or a pan. Induction heats the cooking vessel itself almost instantly.
It is through magnetic induction. That induction cooking uses electric currents to directly heat pots and pans.
The way induction works is through an electric current passed. Through a twist copper wire underneath the cooking surface.
Which creates a magnetic current throughout the cooking pan to produce heat. Induction doesn’t use a traditional outside heat source.
Because of that only the element in use will become warm due to the heat transferred from the pan. Induction cooking is more efficient than traditional electric and gas cooking.
Because little heat energy gets lost. Like other traditional cooktops, the induction pots and pans evenly heated. Then heats the contents inside through conduction and convection.
Pros of induction cooking
- Boil 50% faster –Because that induction only creates instant heat within the metal of pots and pans. No heat gets wasted in the process. This will make the water to boil up to 50% faster on induction cooktops compared to electric cooktops.
- Exact temperature control –Induction allows you to control heat more precisely. As opposed to other solutions like gas or electric cooktops. This temperature control from induction, reduces the risk of over or under cooking. Consistent heat delivers tasty results every time.
- Easy to clean surface –Induction has a smooth surface, much like modern electric cooktops. Almost immediately after you finish cooking. The cooktop itself will be cool enough to easily clean whatever mess gets left behind.
- Auto sizing burners –Induction heats through an electromagnetic current. Passed into the pots and pans in use. The induction cooktops will automatically detect. The induction cookware size and will place the heat where it’s needed
Cons of induction cooking
- Induction Ready Cookware – Induction works only through electromagnetic fields. That means only cookware that’s made of a magnetic-based material. Will work with induction.
- Noise – A buzz or hum is common and often is louder at higher settings. The sound is from cooling fan. Sometimes there will be clicking sound at lower settings.
- Interfere with digital thermometer – You have to use a old fashion meat thermometer. Because of the magnetic field of an induction can interfere with the digital one.
How To Tell If Cookware Is Induction Ready
Manufactures will clearly state if their cookware of induction ready. And some brands will have an induction ready logo underneath the cookware.
There is a easy and a quick way to see if some of your own cookware is induction ready. You will need a magnet to hold on the bottom of the cookware.
If it sticks strongly, it should work well with an induction oven. If it sticks weakly, it may not be the best one. And of course if it doesn’t stick at all, then it’s not induction ready.
Our Top 5 Induction Cookware set
We have researched a handful of induction cookware sets on the market right now. And we have reviewed the best top 5 of them for you.
This Duxtop Stainless Steel Induction Cookware Set Includes:
- 8” fry pan
- 9” fry pan1.6-qt sauce pan +lid
- 2.5-qt sauce pan + lid
8.6-qt stock pot + lid
- 4.2qt casserole + lid
- 5.5-qt saute pan + lid and helper
- 9.5” pasta basket + lid
- Steam basket
- 3 pcs kitchen tools
The Duxtop SSIB-17 professional is a significant and beautiful kitchenware. For all kinds of kitchen. As you see above it comes with 17 different cooking vessels, lids, utensils, etc.The skillet from Duxtop are deeper than unusual pots which makes harder to spill food or liquor. It has Ergonomically shaped handle with anti-slippery satin finish. The handles riveted to pan to provide durability.
Duxtop stainless steel cookware is dishwasher safe. Over time, the harsh dishwasher detergents may dull the stainless steel exterior.
We will recommend that it should be hand washed. You can see here how to clean and remove stubborn from stainless steel pot & pan.
- The handles of the pots are smartly curved, it makes it comfortable to use.
- Handles stay cool while cooking
- Suitable for all cooking sources, electric, gas, infrared, induction stove or glass and ceramic cooktop.
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe up to 550 degrees
- The first few times you use it, the food will get stuck.
This Nuwave Duralon Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set Includes
- 2-qt stainless steel saucepan + lid
- 3-qt stainless steel saucepan + lid
- 5-qt stainless steel stock pot + lid
- 12” hard anodized steel fry pan
You can get the NuWave cookware as separate pieces or sets. These are a few sets available in the market but one of the most popular seems to be this 7-piece deluxe set.
The included lid is premium tempered glass lid. This is perfect for simmering and steaming, as well as preventing food splatters.Nuwave have chosen to not include some of those extraneous pieces. And this is good for people that want to save money and space in the kitchen.
This is actually smart, because in the average kitchen. Not all pots and pans is used in the cabinets anyway.
These pieces use natural, ceramic materials in its non stick coating. Which is termed as Duralon. It is a diamond infused nano ceramic coating.
There is absolutely no leaching of toxins and chemicals. And it can supposedly tolerate direct and high heat.
- Easy to clean
- Premium tempered glass lid
- PTFE AND PFOA free
- Easy and fast cooking
- Safe to handle
- Great nonstick coating
- Not dishwasher safe
- Ceramic surface mau scratch rather easily if you use metal utensils
This Cookware Set From Circulon Includes:
- 1-qt saucepan + lid3-qt saucepan + lid
- 4-qt saucepan + li
- 8-qt stockpot + lid
- 5-qt saute + lid
- 8.5” skillet
- 10” skillet
- 12” skillet
This Circulon cookware set is gauge hard anodized cookware set. With a stainless steel base. The interior is advanced Autograph™ 3-layer coating from DuPont™.
Which is scratch and abrasion resistant. This coating is free of PFOA.The Circulon Premier Professional has a TOTAL® Food Release System that comprises of raised circles to minimize contact.
Between the utensils and the nonstick surface. Which help to reduce abrasion and thus lengthening the life-span of the pans.
The handles on this cookware set is stainless steel with rubberized texture. Coverings for heat resistance and a more comfortable grip.
They are double riveted to the pots and pans to make them secure.
- Oven safe up to 400 degrees
- Dishwasher safe
- Metal utensil safe
- Splatter-free cooking shields
- Silicone and stainless steel made handles are double riveted
- distributes the heat Evenly
- easy-straining colander lids
- Water traps in the handles
- Heavier compare to other cookware
- lids are comparatively heavier
The Cuisinart Induction Cookware Set Includes:
- 10” skillet
- 8” skillet
- 3.5-qt saute pan + helper and lid
- 2.5-qt saucepan + lid
- 3-qt saucepan + lid
- 8-qt- stock pot + lid
- Steamer insert + lid
This Cuisinart cookware set is manufactured. With high quality durable stainless steel in a triple ply construction.
The design of the handles on these pots and pans is worth to admire. They are angled higher to keep your knuckles away from the pot and heat source.
The lids on this set is made with the same polished stainless steel finish as the cookware. It’s a nice snug to keep the heat.
The aluminum core within the stainless steel. Helps this cookware to heat up very fast and heat evenly. The Cuisinart cookware can cook at lower temperatures than regular aluminum cookware.
- Handles do not get hot
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe up to 550F
- Drip free pouring
- Quality comparable to the most expensive brand
- Clad, Tri ply core on bottoms and sides
- Heavy weight may be a problem for some
- this is not a non sticking cookware
This T-Fal Cookware Set Includes:
- 8” fry pa
- 12” fry pan + lid
- 10.25” fry pan
- 1-qt sauce pan + lid
- 2-qt sauce pan +lid
- 3-qt sauce pan + lid
- 5-qt stew pot
- Stainless steel steamer insert
This T-Fall cookware set is with copper bottom and stainless steel handles. The glass lids have a vent for steam and there are handy measuring marks on the insides of the pots.
This is not a nonstick cookware, but with the right preparation and maintenance it will do a good job.This cookware set has a smooth interior surface to cook using low oil. The brushed interior and exterior give the set a good surface for uniform heating.
Where food doesn’t stick easily. Also, its look beautiful too. Its smart design and high performance suitable to use. For years after years continuously.
The T-Fal Cookware Set provides all the necessary pieces for day-to-day cooking. It’s made of 18/10 stainless steel construction with copper inside.
It’s inspired by the tri-ply structure. Where copper or aluminum stay between another layer of stainless steel, or other materials.
The manufactures instruct users to boil any liquid or foods. Before adding salt to prevent pitting or white dots from forming.
This is cosmetic only and won’t change how well your cookware performs.
- Pans and lids are ovens safe 500 F
- Suitable to clean in the dishwasher
- Suitanle for cooking with low oil
- Heat-proof lid and handles
- Does not stain easily
- Reverted handles are little trouble to clean
You can spend a fortune and get top-of-the-line induction cookware. Yes, you’ll probably love it, but with a little bit of research. You may find cookware you’ll love just as much for less money.
As long as you know what you’re buying (and there’s a lot to know), you can be happy with your purchase. Yet our top pick is Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel.
You get everything you need, We think this is the best induction pots and pans you can get. What is your favorite?